Monday, November 27, 2017

VGA terminal (debugger) screen returns, and faster reset

This weekend, after losing the VGA text mode due to the new screen resolution, I needed to put it back in so that I could do more debugging.  So, it's been added back in (ESC key).  Also a fast reset (F10) has been implemented.

Next I will be working on timing and some optimizations.  On an older Pentium 4 machine, its rather slow at reading the keyboard due to the display resolution.  Then I can get back to some of the integration features (harddisk drives 9-11, partitions, USB, networking, etc).  Ive also been trading some improvements with the original emulation author.  Great guy to work with.

I was able to get a pretty cool game running with all the VIC-II fixes put in.  Its a pacman clone.  Here's some pics:





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. But, running how?

    Tape/drive emulation with an image, or.. (and this would be way more interesting) something like a new basic command mapped to execution of a program from hdd? (either stored in a image or not)

    I don't know if I am making myself clear, sorry English is not my native language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The program file was copied to the harddrive. The BASIC LOAD and SAVE commands work fine with the harddrive.

    ReplyDelete